Defying Gravity

The Alchemist
Last week a few of us travelled to Manchester for my friend Hannah's birthday. What a fabulous night! We started with a few (non-alcoholic unfortunately) cocktails and dinner in The Alchemist on New York Street. We were very impressed with the decor and the speedy service, (we were in and out within 35 mins) perfect for a pre theatre dinner like we were planning. Their extensive cocktail menu is where The Alchemist excels itself, so much so we're planning a girly Christmas shopping day which will probably end up less shopping and more a tasting afternoon!

Glinda and Elphaba - Wicked!

A quick £3 taxi ride away (you could walk it, but by this time we were running a bit late) and we were outside The Palace Theatre on Oxford Street to see Wicked! The Musical. If you don't know the storyline it's basically about the Witches of Oz, Glinda the Good and Elphaba the Wicked Witch of the West before and running alongside the famous Wizard of Oz storyline. I couldn't tell you the last time I went to the theatre to see a musical, but I can tell you that Wicked! won't be the last. No exaggeration, it actually took my breath away in parts and in all honesty I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did. If you get the chance to go, definitely do! I promise you won't be disappointed. Happy Birthday Hannah!

Comments

  1. After a few cocktails no shopping will done.
    Wicked sounds marvalous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was incredible Darren, it rendered my mate completely speechless and I've never seen her lost for words!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts