Matou and Alma de Cuba

Matou - Roof Terrace
You'll remember I left you saying we were having a family lunch in Liverpool for my brother's birthday but we were undecided on where to actually go. Well after much deliberation we decided on Matou in the end, with a few cocktails in Alma de Cuba for good measure. Situated on the Pier Head, Matou is a pan Asian restaurant, cocktail bar and lounge which boasts breathtaking views over the Mersey and of The Three Graces. Unfortunately the weather was not on our side that day so the gorgeous roof terrace was left undiscovered apart from through the window!

Matou - Restaurant

Mum and Dad chose selections from the Lunch Menu and my brother and I chose dishes from the A La Carte. I had been craving a Thai Green Curry for months and I wasn't disappointed. Rice was to be ordered separately and so, feeling adventurous, I chose the coconut rice. Wow! It complemented the curry so well I am desperate to go back as soon as possible. It's not often that all four of us have an excellent meal out and Matou definitely delivered. I would most definitely recommend it in the future, so if you're ever in Liverpool put this place on your list. I just hope the weather is better for you than it was for us!

Alma de Cuba

Alma de Cuba is a restaurant and bar located in the old St. Peter's RC Church on Seel Street in Liverpool. A firm favourite amongst my friends and I, I felt it was time to introduce the place to my parents. It soon became apparent that this might have been a bad idea as the visible Stations of the Cross and Altar made my Catholic parents rather uncomfortable, despite the building being deconsecrated in 1993. However, after the first drink they soon warmed to the place. My Dad even stating that churches should be a place of celebrating life (if you've ever been to Alma de Cuba of a night it definitely has that celebratory atmosphere!). My Mum now wants to experience the rose petals being scattered down from the restaurant mezzanine at 11pm on a Friday or Saturday night. Will have to pencil that in the diary hadn't I!

Overall, a lovely Friday afternoon was spent. I just hope we can do it all again for my own birthday in a few weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts