A new favourite

Taking advantage of this time off before starting my new job I went for lunch in Southport with the parents today. I mentioned how a new bar and restaurant had opened and I had heard good things about it, so off we went.

Eighty Eight Bar & Brasserie is located at 88 Lord Street on the old Carlton site, next to the Vincent Hotel. Anyone who remembers the old Carlton will know it has one of the best sun traps in Southport and I had many a good afternoon in its beer garden during my younger days. The new Eighty Eight however has left the place unrecognisable, and believe me that isn't a bad thing!

The place is light and airy with white-washed wood and brick which gives it a kind of nautical theme, my favourite! With a choice of relaxed dining and bar snacks downstairs or more formal dining upstairs, there's something for everyone.

We dined upstairs and had one of the best lunches I've had in a long time in Southport. I will definitely be dining there again, maybe next time sampling the full evening menu with a few cocktails! ;)

Comments

Popular Posts