Invisalign

They're in...and I am in agony! I am on day 3 of my first set of Invisalign aligners, my mouth is full of blisters and my tongue is cut to shreds. If I had known that this was going to happen I would have used the traditional metal braces again. Funny how you don't realise how much damage these aligners do to the soft tissue of your mouth until you search for it on online forums. According to these forums it should settle in a couple of days once my mouth gets used to a foreign body constantly being in my mouth. I'll be honest, I don't think I can wait another "couple of days". I have taken an emery board to them to get rid of as many sharp edges as I can, without of course breaking them, but I think the damage is done. The pressure type pain of your teeth moving is nothing compared to the pain I have been faced with today. No wonder they say you can lose up to a stone on the "Invisalign Diet", I couldn't bloody eat even if I wanted to! I am going to persevere for now, luckily I don't have to leave the house for another couple of days so fingers crossed it settles down.

Comments

  1. Invisalign aligners normally do not do this harm but in rare cases . I think the aligners are not made properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this post with us. I hope you were able to get used to the aligners for your teeth and the pain wasn't so bad after a couple of days. Have a wonderful rest of your day and keep up the posts.
    Dentist Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts