Slimming World

Hello fellow bloggers,

Anyone who has read my blog knows I am a serial dieter. I have tried anything and everything including calorie counting, Dukan Diet, Weight watchers and SlimFast. And though I may have had good results initially from most of them, I haven't been able to stick to them and soon find the weight I lost and more piling its way back on. After a rather shocking and significant weight gain post Italy, my Mum and I decided to draw a line under the past couple of years and try something new. Perusing the internet we found a Slimming World group near us to join. Those of you who have been reading this blog a while will also know I am a nurse and due to shift work I would find it very difficult to attend the same session week in week out. Luckily, our group has four time slots on a Wednesday so no matter what I'm working I can at least make one of them - no excuses!

Our new member meeting went by in a blur and I do have to say although motivated to lose the pounds, signing on that dotted line was a tentative moment. How glad am I that we did though. We sat through our first motivational body image session before getting weighed and we were welcomed with open arms. I stepped on those scales and was horrified. I was officially the heaviest I have ever been, even heavier than when I had weighed myself the few days previously. I left feeling deflated. I wanted to order a Dominos and stuff myself with Haagen Dazs but then something clicked - I was never ever going to be this weight again. Pizza and Ice Cream was what put me here in the first place. Searching the Slimming World members section online we found a couple of recipes to try for the week ahead, put the number on the scales behind us and began our journey. 9 weeks later I am 1 St 2½ lbs (7½ kg) lighter and down nearly 2 dress sizes. My Mum is 1 St 5 lbs (8½ kg) lighter and looks incredible!

What I love about Slimming World is that I find I can eat whatever I want, I never go hungry and if I want cake I can have cake, just in moderation. Joining with my Mum has also been a Godsend. Whenever I want to give up she motivates me to keep going and likewise me with her. People said we were mad joining in November with Christmas on its way but looking at it now if we hadn't I would probably have had another stone to lose! In the end, even having Christmas Day off plan I managed to maintain my weight that week. Another great help is that our group also have a Facebook group page full of motivational stories, pictures of delicious SW friendly meals and -sometimes lifesaving- hints and tips. My only wish is that I had found Slimming World years ago, I am the happiest I have been with how I look for years.

Here's to a healthier and much happier 2015!
10st 13½lbs - Size 14-16                  9st 11lbs - Size 12


Comments

Popular Posts