Menorca

Hola!

Time doesn't half fly when you're having fun, and surprise fun is even better! After a pretty tough start to the year I was ecstatic to be asked on a surprise holiday. Four days of nothing but sun, sea and sand was exactly what the doctor ordered!

At the top of the Balearic Islands lies Menorca, a place that holds a very special place in my heart. My first visit to Menorca, Binibeca in particular, was at the ripe old age of 6 months old. The place really does feel like my second home. When you see the white washed buildings surrounded by fine white sand and crystal clear waters it's not hard to fall in love with the place.

Despite multiple visits we rarely stray away from Binibeca itself, but when you find somewhere this beautiful why would you want to? One night of the trip we ventured into Mahon harbour which is lined with so many restaurants you really are spoilt for choice, and with a view of some of the most spectacular yachts I have ever seen, dining here really is an idyllic experience.

But all good things must come to an end, so here I am, dreaming of last week and wishing I was there again. My penultimate placement starts in just over two weeks and we have commenced our final module at Uni so it really is back to the grindstone. It's crazy that it seems like yesterday I was looking forward to my first ever placement, time really does fly!

Comments

  1. Beautiful as usual.
    Next time get a steamer trunk just for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darren, you reminded me today that I'd been somewhat lackadaisical with the old blog! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts