It wouldn't be called "The Lakes" if it didn't rain...

Just got back from a fantastic few days away with the family.
We stayed at a gorgeous wooden lodge in Fallbarrow Park, the doors opened right onto Lake Windermere. In the Summer, you can tell the place would be divine!



The first night we had Tapas in Bowness at a little place called Bodega. The food was excellent, and I have to recommend the stuffed jalapeƱos. They were fantastic!

After a pretty restless sleep, (both my brother and Dad snore - loudly would be an understatement. The walls were paper thin in the lodge and at times they would sync so it sounded like one continuous snore!) we headed to the Lakeside Hotel for lunch and then the Aquarium.



I fell in love with the otters, even secretly plotting how I would manage to sneak one away with me! We then enjoyed Windermere Warmers as the boat took us back to Bowness.

Enjoying a Windermere Warmer (Hot Chocolate + Rum) on the boat
That night we went to The Angel Inn. I ordered pheasant and nearly shattered my teeth on a piece of lead shot! Not so sure I'll order it again.

After feeding the swans and geese from our decking we went trekking around Tarn Hows.
For someone who normally shys away from any form of exercise I actually had a good time. The views were out of this world!







After the walk we settled down to some lunch in The Drunken Duck. No exaggeration, their soup (butternut squash and chilli) was the most delicious soup I've ever tasted, I'm kicking myself that I didn't get the recipe whilst I was there. I need that soup in my life!


The weather started to take a turn for the worse, with heavy rain and high winds we decided to come home early. So, the next day me and my Mum left the boys to go to the pub whilst we went to the Beatrix Potter Museum and squeezed in a bit of last minute shopping. 




I am now the proud owner of a Pandora Charm Bracelet...finally!!! Although, I can't have it till Christmas. Me and Mum must have spent an hour in the Pandora shop alone!

I had a lovely time and would once again like to thank my Mum and Dad for the invite.
I even managed to finish my latest assignment whilst I was there. The peace and quiet and no distractions did wonders. I feel like such a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
Although the weather wasn't on our side this time, I will definitely be keeping the place in mind for the summer. I can imagine it being completely different with some sunshine.

Comments

Popular Posts