I think we need an ark...

I started my 4th placement as a student nurse this week and guess what, I'm finally on a ward! Wahey! Everyone has been quite shocked that I'm this far through my training and having my first hospital placement, especially as they seem to think I've been chucked in at the deep end with a very busy ward. I'd rather learn that way though, at least then I know I'd be able to cope with a busy place in the future. Well, I thought that until today. I was in the shower room when I heard a knock on the door, popped my head round and saw that I had caused a proverbial flood down the ward! Aargh! I've been the butt of jokes all day, I can't stop cringing every time I think about it. At least I didn't cause any major damage I suppose, and gave the staff something to laugh about. I just don't want to be remembered as the student who flooded the ward, but I suppose there could be worse things I could be remembered for. Let's hope the next 10 weeks go better.

P.S. The photo above wasn't actually my flood today, but I felt it would fit the post well ;)

Comments

Popular Posts