Home Owner

On the 11th January this year something very exciting happened. I bought my first home! After a couple of months last year looking for houses and finding either nothing I loved, or loved but couldn't afford I almost gave up. Then, my Dad came home and said "I think I've found your house".

5 minutes away from my Mum and Dad's (which is perfect, as I'm very much a home bird) down a quiet cul-de-sac was a small development of 6 new houses. Walking through Plot 1 I think I knew immediately that these houses were the ones for me. There were only 2 plots left to buy, plot 2 which was nearly complete, and plot 6 which had only just been started. We put a deposit down for plot 6 and started planning immediately. The best thing about it not being completed was that I got to change little things here and there. I chose different internal doors and handles, my own flooring and my countertops in my kitchen. I absolutely love my kitchen, I think it's my favourite room in the house.

It's true what they say that buying a house is one of the most stressful times of your life, and doing it alone made it all the more daunting. My Mum and Dad have been absolutely incredible and to be honest, had it not been for them I don't think I'd have made it through with my sanity intact! The whole process from start to finish took 7 months! Mostly because I have used the governments help to buy scheme so the amount of paperwork was horrendous. Help to buy? Hinder to buy more like!

To add fuel to the fire, and because I really didn't think I had enough stress with buying a house, during this process I started a new job. I  moved to not just a new theatre but a whole new trust, and a major trauma centre at that so it's definitely a lot busier than where I was before. I definitely recommend not buying a house and changing jobs simultaneously by the way, it's a wonder I haven't turned into a complete basket case!

Fast forward to now and I am now blogging from my own sofa, in my own living room, watching my own TV and I still can't believe it's all real! The list of jobs is still never ending, and the credit card bill is ever growing but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am one lucky girl.





Comments

Popular Posts