I Have Found The Holy Grail

I love shopping just as much as the next girl but there's always one item of clothing that I neither enjoy nor am I ever successful in finding. The perfect pair of jeans. Until now that is! I am a typical "apple" shape, meaning that all my weight is on my front which leaves me with a flat bum, slim/non existent hips and skinny legs, thus making it near enough impossible to find any item of clothing to suit, never mind jeans (don't even get me started on dresses!). I have been living in my trusty River Island pair for 4 years so it was definitely about time I invested in a new pair. On the recommendation of a friend, I headed to Gap in Liverpool One. Many failed shopping trips left me feeling very pessimistic so as I grabbed two pairs of jeans and a pair of jeggings I wasn't expecting any miracles. How wrong could I have been.



The first pair (1969 Always Skinny Indigo Wash) slipped on like a dream, fastened without the need of holding my stomach in till nearly bringing on a respiratory arrest, and left me with no muffin-top. I was impressed. Turning around in the changing room I also saw that the position and shape of the pockets gave me a bum, an actual bum, I had to stop myself squealing in delight! The second pair (1969 Lightweight Always Skinny Black) were even better. The premium stretch denim made them hug all the right places and I can guarantee they will never produce "baggy-knee" syndrome. The jeggings were the best fitting jeggings I've ever tried on so they were just the icing on the cake.
I was ecstatic, even more so telling the changing room assistant "I'll take them all!", something that has never happened to me. I've had so many compliments off friends that I'm telling my Gap secret to anyone who will listen. Thank you Gap for taking the stress out of jean shopping, I'll definitely be saving up for a pair in every colour imaginable!


Comments

Popular Posts