Getting my "Bake On"


Easter Sunday is fast approaching and as usual we have the family round for some Sunday Lunch. It was meant to be a BBQ but looking at the weather forecast I think that's off the cards. Boo! My Mum and I are going to cheer everyone up though with some desserts. Yay!
I bought the Hummingbird Bakery "Cake Days" book ages ago, but I am yet to make anything out of it. Having a flick through before my Mum and I noticed a couple of recipes we might try.

My Grandad has given us some fresh rhubarb, that he grew himself, which can be used in the loaf recipe, and the cupcakes will make a great alternative to the Sherry Trifle Mum normally makes. Mum always makes her special Pavlova too, and that as far as I know is staying. So a rainy weekend will be used for baking which I'm excited about as I haven't baked in years!

Raspberry Trifle Cupcakes
Rhubarb and Almond Loaf
We've had renovations on the front room which are nearly done so I'll blog about that as soon as it's ready, and I'm also off to see "Mrs Brown's Boys" in Manchester tonight which I'm really looking forward to!

Happy Good Friday peeps!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




Comments

Popular Posts